Monday, November 29, 2010

Theme Week #1: Black-Owned Businesses

What it is, people? I've been somewhere between busy and forgetful lately, and because of this the blog has suffered tremendously. I assure you that black people are still doing things, but I haven't been participating or blogging like I should have been.

In an effort to get myself back in the swing of things, I'm going to make up a theme week. The reasons for this are tri-fold:

1. I love themes. Theme parties, theme restaurants, whatev. If you put theme in front of it, I am fully down.
2. That's 5 days of stuff that I have already planned to write about. Now there's no reason for me to run out of content.
3. Hopefully, one of the things that I mention will be helpful to you. With the holiday season upon us, small businesses need our support just as much as the big guys. Added bonus if they serve alcohol, because we all need that during the holidays.

So the theme for the week will be: Black-owned Business Week.

As with all things mentioned here, (and hopefully in this country for that matter) none of the businesses I'll be writing about are only available to the browner skinned among us. My goal is to expose people to things that they may not hear about otherwise, so tell your friends and do what you can to make use of their services.

No comments:

Post a Comment