Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Black Owned Business Week: Anya Production Studios


A long long time ago in a galaxy far away, two creative juggernauts (yup, I said juggernauts) combined their forces for the power of good, much like a Power Ranger, and decided to take the world by storm!

...Actually it wasn't that long ago and it was right here in CT, but the taking the world by storm part is quickly coming into fruition. Chances are you've seen a picture on Facebook, Twitter or even some blog about what black people do in Hartford with the elegant "TimeFrozen" watermark in the corner. Look at the model, now back to me, now back to the model, now back to me...sadly, your makeup is probably not as fierce as hers. But it would be if you were using the services of Painted by Brettnee.

On October 14th, TimeFrozen Photography and Painted By Bretnee opened Anya Production Studios, bringing a gorgeous photography and makeup studio right to Hartford. And believe me when I tell you, these two can do ANYTHING. Whether it's getting your makeup and pictures on point for your 30th birthday party, taking the headache out of selecting a photographer AND makeup artist for your wedding, or even shooting a friggin music video*, seriously...ANYTHING.

Behind the lens is Keith Claytor, always armed with a camera, a bright smile, and the most insane artistic eye that I've ever seen. This guy could make your morning eye crust look beautiful. His wife, Chinenye, has her own creative eye with a soft-spoken but firm voice. Watching the two of them together is surely where the term "well-oiled machine" came from, as they seamlessly come together to make every shot perfect. Holding the brush is Brettnee Nelson; beautiful, bubbly and brilliant, your face is morphed into her canvas as you sit in her chair. She's not limited to enhancing your features with some lip gloss and eyeshadow, but can also turn a person into a walking work of art.

If you've read all this and you're still thinking of choosing someone else to handle your fashion show, I will slap you in the mouth when I see you. Seriously. Back handed. Here's their contact info, because I don't want you coming up with any lame excuses when I go to slap you:

Timefrozen Photography
Email: keith@timefrozen.com
Phone: (860) 656-7494
www.timefrozen.com

Painted By Brettnee
Email: paintedbybrettnee@gmail.com
Phone: (860) 874-9546
www.paintedbybrettnee.com



*the music video was co-created with Rabbit Ears Media, another fine Hartford artist!

2 comments:

  1. This article reminds me of when I used to work in a studio. Hours were long and my boss yelled at me a lot. Now I have my own home business selling import and export goods online. I was wondering though, do you have a sample work?

    ReplyDelete